How are Moodle courses created?
- Moodle sections, designation of instructors, CRNs, and student registrations are all created and managed in Banner
- This information is imported into Moodle.
- Moodle syncs student registration status several times an hour from that time on.
I am registered but I don’t see my courses, what should I do?
Chances are you are looking for your courses too early. Courses are not visible to students until the beginning of term.
Once the term has started, if you are not seeing your course, it probably means:
- The teacher may not be using Moodle for your course.
- The teacher has not made the Moodle section visible yet
If the term has started and you think you should see your course in Moodle contact your instructor or the Student Help Desk(firstname.lastname@example.org).
How do I get access to the Online Advising Courses?
You can search and enroll yourself into these specific courses as a Lane Community College student. These are the program specific Moodle sites maintained by the various departments on campus.
- Scroll down the main page and select the Academic Advising Folder near the bottom.
- Find your major or program and click into it.
- Once you are in the course find your administration menu (gear icon) and select [Enroll me in this course].
- Now you will be able to access this from your Moodle course list anytime!
It's possible that some pages will not have an enroll option. However they are still a great resource for information regarding that specific program.
Moodle Link to the Academic Advising folder
My instructor doesn’t use Moodle, but can I still get into it?
If your instructor doesn't use Moodle then you will not see their course section when you log into Moodle. If you are an active student you will be able to log into Moodle, but you will only see courses that are visible to all students.
How do I contact my instructor through Moodle?
To contact your instructor through Moodle you can use Moodle Message. This will allow you to ask questions and receive notifications by email when you receive a reply. For more information on how to use Moodle Message follow this article.
Why can’t I see my grades?
Check with your instructor to see if they are using the Moodle grade book. If they are, and you are unable to see your grades, be sure you are looking in the right place. Your grades will now be under theNavigation block under the course you are looking for. If you still are unable to find or see your grade email@example.com.
Student Help Desk Support (SHeD)
The student help desk is located on main campus in the Library (center building).