The text editor (sometimes referred to as the 'HTML editor') has many icons to assist the user in entering content. Many of these icons and functions should be familiar to anyone who uses a word processing program. The default text editor in classes.lanecc.edu is the Atto but there is also the option of a legacy editor called TinyMCE as well as a plain text editor (no toolbars, raw text).
You can switch back and forth between editors at anytime. Note that you are changing your personal preferences site-wide and not the specific preferences used inside of a particular course.
How to Change Your Default HTML Editor
- In the User Menu (profile photo in top-right), click your name and select Preferences. Your Preferences page will open.
- UnderUser account, click Editor preferences. The Editor preferences page will open.
- From the Text editor drop-down menu:
• To format text with a toolbar, choose Atto HTML Editor (default, and recommended).
• To use the older editor from previous Moodle versions, choose TinyMCE HTML Editor.
- Click Save changes (at bottom of page).
Student Help Desk Support (SHeD)
The student help desk is located on main campus in the Library (center building).
- Self-help resources for students
- Live Support in Zoom
- Email: email@example.com
Phone: 541.463.3333 (please leave a voice message)
Leave your Name, L#, contact information, and the reason for your call and we will contact you.