BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS
While any student can use Moodle, it is recommended that you have the following Computer Skills before diving in:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Knowledge of how to use mouse, keyboard, Hotkeys
- Experience navigating the Internet and using an Internet browser
- Basic knowledge of formatting and using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word)
- Comfort working with multiple windows/tabs
- Web Netiquette - students must know the do's and don'ts of online class communication
BASIC COMPUTER/SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
For using Moodle, you must have one of the following web browsers installed on your computer. We recommend Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox for both PC and Mac users.
- Internet connection
- Current web browser
- Mozilla Firefox (version 25.0 or later)
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome (version 30.0 or later)
- Safari (version 6 or later)
- Opera (version 9)
- Adobe Reader for reading PDF files
- Office software suite, such as Microsoft Office or a free version such as OpenOffice for viewing and editing office or word documents
- An email address is required to be set as Preferred in ExpressLane before full access to Moodle is allowed.
Some Courses May Also Require
- Access to a printer
- Google Docs
- Google Jamboard
- Adobe Connect
Contact the Student Help Desk (SHeD) for assistance.
The SHeD has in-person assistance Spring term: M - Th 9 am - 4:30 pm and Fridays 10 am - 2 pm, Library, Center Building, 2nd Floor.
Zoom hours are: M-F 10 am - 5 pm and Tu, Th: 10 am - 6 pm.
Virtual video help desk: Live Online Help (via Zoom): Lane Support HUB (Career Exploration, Peer Advisors, SHeD & Tutoring Services)
No computer or video? You can call (253) 215-8782 to join the Zoom session, as well. Then enter meeting ID: 985-4954-4816